Walt Whitman Commission



Just finished Walt Whitman's portraits for a private collector and will be exhibited this fall at the Walt Whitman Birthplace in Long Island NY. The image is based on the black and white photo of Whitman(above).  I was also able to incorporate one of Whitman's poetry into the piece and I am pleased with the way in turned out. I created two options for the client to choose from; One of the portraits have a slight blue tint w/ inverted white text on the right side and the other has a slight green tint for the background. As with most of my other artworks, these pieces were created digitally on the computer using Wacom drawing tablet and Adobe Photoshop w/ custom brushes. I took the liberty to add a few colors to the clothing; I felt the blue, the red and the brown seemed to suit the image well. The image size is 9"x14" and will be printed on Epson Velvet Fine Art Paper, signed and dated. I hope to make these prints available in my Etsy shop sometime in the near future. It will be a nice addition to another Whitman portrait I already have in my shop.

Powered by Blogger.