'67 Raleigh Sport 3 Speed step-thru

This is a screen shot of Craigslist's ad for '67 Raleigh Sport 3 Speed step-thru I bought in South San Jose, CA a few weeks ago. I've been obsessed with vintage Raleighs lately and this is the 6th Raleigh 3 speed I bought within the last year or so. It came with the original Sturmey Archer 3 speed hub-dated '67 and shifter; The original paint on this bike is in great condition considering being 45 years old with just a few minor scratches here and there; all the chrome are in excellent condition without hardly any rust; overall a very clean bike. A great find for how much I paid!

I don't know if you can see it in the picture(click to enlarge) but the original Brook saddle was really warped and dry so first thing I did when I brought it home was to apply a generous amount of leather cream; sprayed quite of bit of water both on top and underneath the saddle; strapped the seat into a nice shape and tied it over night. Fortunately, the next morning, the Saddle took on a decent shape and the leather seems to be salvageable. Today, I inflated the tires and rode around the block in my neighborhood and thought how nice the bike was. But for now, it is sitting in my garage and I haven't had anytime to work on it more. I will upload some more pictures later.

Couple of my Raleighs I sold recently:

Powered by Blogger.