Functional Sculptures by Artist Kevin Cyr

Camper Bike, a functioning sculptural piece, built in April 2008. A stand alone piece and the subject of a series of paintings.





Camper Kart: a pop-up camper constructed out of a shopping cart. The project investigates habitats and housing; recycling and ecology; exploration and mobility.



With ever growing problems of an affordable housing, I have always been very much interested in some type of inexpensive, creative solution/design that would challenge and give some real alternatives to what most of us would consider a conventional home. Kevin Cyr's projects really caught my eyes when I stumbled onto one of his "sculpture" projects on-line. For me, these projects and the ideas behind it really bring out many of the issues I have been thinking about. I also really enjoyed the artist's series of "Vehicle" paintings. You can check them out and the rest of Kevin Cyr's work here

Powered by Blogger.