Upcoming...

A lot of time has passed since I last posted...I got bogged down in various projects and activities which, along with the normal requirements of family life, took up all of my time. However, there are now several exciting updates to post, as well as lots of new work, since at least some of my recent activities have been creative ones. First, next weekend, June 7-8, is the first weekend of the Pontiac Artist's Studio Tour! I will be showing at Studio 6 (of 14) with Valerie Bridgeman, a talented potter and printmaker and long time studio tour participant, who has kindly offered me space to show with her since I currently lack space of my own.

I have been painting and framing like crazy to get ready, and am super excited to share the work of the long winter months with you all. A map with all 14 studio locations plus information on each participating artist can be found at artpontiac.com



In other news, I will be participating at the first ever Capital Pop Up! artisan fair on July 12 at the Bronson Centre in Ottawa. Shannon Peck of the Littlest Bird Workshop is the co-organizer of this event, which combines an artisan fair with a charitable fundraiser in a unique way. Part of the money raised through table rentals, plus a percentage of the sales from each artist, go to charity: either to Gabriella's Groupies and The Rideau Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, or to others chosen by each participating artist or artisan. I haven't nailed down my charity yet, so if anyone has any ideas feel free to post them in the comments section. There are other events and developments upcoming, but that will do for now. Good Night!

Powered by Blogger.